The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Monday, April 7, 2008

"I Quit Winter"

Notice that the title today is in quotations... denoting the fact that it is a quote from my good friend Natie. Natie declared last spring that he quit winter and was no longer going to wear anything resembling winter clothing. Now, I am a big fan of respecting the power that Mother Nature has to ruin your day... particularly if it only 45 degrees outside and your dressed in shorts and a T-shirt. That's just dumb. But, despite my objections, Nate quit winter that day (ok, I don't actually remember if he entirely quit dressing for our notoriously cool Midwestern springs... but I remember that he was very vehement about it).

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because it was snowing on the way to school again this morning. April-frickin-7th. Ok, I acknowledge that it could have been worse. Mom and Dad got, like, four inches of snow yesterday. That would really be depressing. I also realize I should be a little more realistic about March and April weather here. I heard on the weather last week that we typically get four inches of snow here in April. However, all the rationality in the world cannot make me forget that three short days ago it was 60 degrees and sunny here.

The other reason I quit winter is that I have a cold AGAIN and I canNOT believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (note the excessive use of exclamation points! I had finally completely recovered from the stomach flu Saturday morning only to get hit with this cold Saturday night. It's like my immune system has gone to warmer climates on vacation! And I've even been taking my vitamins everyday (except the days I couldn't keep any food or water down). So, I am begging for advice on how to stay healthy. Please help me.

1 comment:

  1. Get some good detox tea and drink that for 30 days (or whatever the box suggests). You're getting sick with one thing after another because your immune system keeps getting bombarded by crap before it can build itself back up. So drinking detox tea will help flush all the yucky stuff out and give your white blood cells some time to regroup.

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete