The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Will Inflicting

Sometimes Mark likes to pretend that he has Jedi mind powers while we are driving. He'll point his finger out at some other driver and then gesture them into the other lane... kinda like he's dragging the car over with the power of his mind. Sometimes this move is accompanied by swearing. Sometimes not. Swearing or no, this move rarely ever works.

On the way home earlier this week he pulled out the Jedi finger and used it to move the car in front of us into the next lane. Miracle of miracles, it actually worked. Mark made a triumphant sound and gesture.

"You realize that's an anomaly right? That doesn't really work."

"Yes it does," says Mark. "I inFLICT my will upon people." (emphasis original)

"Indeed," I reply. Because, really, what more is there to say?

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful way of telling the story so when I read it I feel like I was actually there! - Barb

    ReplyDelete