The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Friday, May 4, 2012

My Big Fat Pregnant Life

So, I thought I should share a few moments from my day. My Big Fat Pregnant Day.
________

This morning, when giving me a hug before leaving for work, Mark told me that he would squeeze me "like a tube of toothpaste" until the baby came out.
________

When he got home at lunch, Mark walked into the house and greeted me by saying "Hey Baby-Maker!"
________

This afternoon Mark and I were at the Dairy Queen. Earlier in the day I had had a little trouble reaching over to grab the door of the car to swing it shut behind me. At the Dairy Queen, I just couldn't... quite... reach...

So, I said to Mark "Push me."

Mark: "What?"

Me: "Gimme a push. Push me a little. I can't reach the door."

Mark puts his hand on my shoulder and gently pushes me toward the open door. My fingers brush the handle a few times but I can't quite get it.

Me: "Push me more."

Mark: "How about I just get out and do it. I don't want to push my pregnant wife out of the car."

He gets out, walks around the car, and shuts my door.

When he gets back into the driver's seat I'm laughing.

Me: "It's awesome to be me right now."

Mark: "Yeah. I'm jealous."

No comments:

Post a Comment