The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dog Days

So, I just found out today that the dog days of summer refers to the time of year when the Dog Star is at it's brightest in the sky. Apparently, the "dog days" last until August 11 and the ancient Greeks blamed the Dog Star for the hot weather and the host of problems that came along with it.

Tomorrow is my last day of summer classes. I have my last class of public speaking at 1:00 and my last class of comm theory at 6:00. While both of these classes have been really fun, I'll be glad when they are over. Then, I have two and a half weeks off until I have to manage interns when the RNC comes to town. The RNC overlaps with the first week of school, which is going to be complicated. I'm actually not quite sure how that is going to work for me. I'm supposed to be doing site visits with interns that week while teaching classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and attending opening convocation on Tuesday.

This Saturday I get to meet my Fairy God Bean Finnegan Michael McIntyre for the first time! I'm so excited for Kristen and JJ and Finn to visit.

Finally, I just want to add a "Yay!!" for the great summer TV shows that are on right now: Psych, Burn Notice, Monk, Eureka, and In Plain Sight. All excellent and worth a viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment