The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Think I Can See My Breath


I am cold. My office is cold. I mean, it's really really cold. Yes, I understand that temperatures inside buildings can be difficult to regulate, especially when you are regulating an entire campus. But does it really have to be 59 degrees in my office? Every morning I have an internal monologue:

"What should I wear? What is clean? What's the weather going to be outside? Hmmmm, it's August, so... hot. But my office is cold. How much time will I actually be spending outside? If I wear these shorts will the jacket and fleece blanket I keep in my office keep me warm?"

That's right. I have a jacket, fleece blanket, and pair of warm socks in my office. When it's 96 degrees outside it feels good to step into my office for about 30 seconds. Then it is uncomfortable cold again. When I stand in front of my office door to unlock it in the morning, I can feel the cold air blowing out onto my exposed, sandal-clad feet. I hate it.

Some may be wondering "Is this it? The entire content of her blog today is a rant about her cold office?"

My answer to that is: Yes.

Just kidding. On a positive note, I get to go to the Vikings pre-season game on Friday against Seattle. SUPER EXCITED! I can't wait to tell my brother and father, who will not be anywhere NEAR the pre-season game on Friday. Suckers.

1 comment:

  1. Part of me would gladly trade you any muggy day in Tokyo (which means every day) for your freezing office.
    To put it in perspective, one morning, I tried taking notes. Only the ink wasn't attaching to the paper very well. I thought maybe the pen had gone bad. Then I realized it was so humid out, my paper was wet.

    ReplyDelete