The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Becoming More Mindful

A few weeks ago I was driving home after my Friday night class. Prior to this drive, I had been reading some article in some magazine that was giving advice on how to become more observant. One of the suggestions was to try to pick out something you've never noticed before when you are walk/driving down your street.

Anyway, it was 9 p.m. on a Friday and I had been at work since 8 a.m. I wasn't really paying attention and I almost missed one of the turns right by my house. As I was driving down the street, I thought of that article as I observed how dark the street was and how driving at different times of the day can really make you notice things that you have never noticed before.

Then I realized I wasn't on the right street.

1 comment:

  1. Don't look at me too closely. I've got hairs and zits and stuff that you really don't want to notice.

    ReplyDelete