The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Enjoying the Scenery

So, Mark has this somewhat annoying and disturbing habit. When we are driving if at any point he sees a scantily-dressed, overweight, and hairy individual he will exclaim "Oh Look!" like he has just beheld something truly amazing. He always makes it sound so good and interesting. But really he's just pointing out things that I have no desire to see.

It turns out that he got this habit from his mother. I know, I know, I was a little surprised as well. One day we were driving through Hopkins when his mom declared there was some "scenery" coming up on the left. It was a huge man in tiny shorts. Every one in the car groaned. I thought to myself "AHA! That is where Mark got it!"

Anyway, fast-forward in time to this past weekend. Mark, Jared, Annie and I (and Harper) were on our way to Gastof's for a delicious German dinner. We were celebrating Jared's birthday. On the way out of our neighborhood Mark pulled the "Oh Look!" I did not look. I am slowly learning my lesson. Jared and Annie looked.

I made some comment to the effect of: "I never look because it is always some fat guy with his butt-crack hanging out."

Annie replied, "Oh, when I want to see that I just look at Jared in his sweatpants."

HILARIOUS!!!!

Jared says "HEY!" all indignant.

"No!" Annie says, slightly horrified. "I didn't mean the fat part."

Mark and I are laughing really hard.

"I mean your sweatpants! Your sweatpants are too big! You know..."

Oh, still laughing...

"I didn't mean you were fat..." Annie kind of trails off...

And then I had a little internal argument with myself.

This is funny, I should blog about it. (Evil Kristen)
No, I can't do that. The topic is a little... well... butt-cracks... (Good Kristen)
But I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. (Evil Kristen)
But, poor Jared... (Good Kristen)
Ah, screw it, I'm totally going to blog about it.


And Evil Kristen wins again.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh--"scantily-dressed, overweight, and hairy": that description hits a little too close to home. I'm keeping my distance from you two!

    ReplyDelete