The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Stalker

Every time I've come into the office lately Carly, one of the film TAs, has been there. Understandably, this has led to a few comments about her stalking me. Today, Carly helped me carry a few things out to my car.

Me: "You won't be able to stalk me this weekend. I'm going on vacation."

Carly: "Oh, I'll be there. This is great. I've been needing a vacation." Pause. "Where are we going?"

Me: "Duluth. We're going to Split Rock on Saturday. You'll love it."

Carly: "Great! See you this weekend!"

I like Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment