The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

Ang Howard is my BFF and has been since I was a junior in college. We have a special mind-to-mind connection that allows us to communicate practically telepathically. You know you are BFFs with someone when you can read what they have typed to you and hear it in their own voice. Anyway, yesterday I was giving Ang grief because she was responding to my emails in three words instead of giving me something long and interesting to read (so that I could procrastinate grading). She apologized but said she didn't have anything funny to say.

This morning, however, was a different story. I opened my email at 11:00 and found this wonderful story from Ang.

I have a funny story. I dreamt of you last night. We were going to run together for a race and we decided to have matching hair styles. So I went into the salon to get my hair cut. I texted you to see how much I should take off and you wrote, "I'm shaving my whole head - you have to too!!" So of course, not doubting your logic at all, I had her shave my head. It wasn't to the skin shaved, it was buzzed, but she made a design on the back of my head that was an eye and left a long rat tail. So - I get to your house, and see you through the window. You did not shave your head. I am very mad. I went in and said, "what the hell!" and you laughed and said, "oh my god - I was totally joking"

Then I woke up.

FIN


This story made me laugh and laugh. Thanks Ang!

1 comment: