The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pigeons, Fruit, and Muffins

This morning just as we hit the Lowry Tunnel a news story came on the radio about how St. Paul is attempting to control its pigeon problem. The story reported that bird feed containing birth control for the pigeons has resulted in a dramatic decrease in the population of pigeons.

"Huh," I said. "Interesting."

Mark, "I guess the Catholic solution wasn't working."

I laughed. "Well, we tried to teach them natural family planning..."

___________________________

A few minutes later Mark says to the woman in the green Honda Civic with Wisconsin plates attempting to merge into our lane:

"C'Mon. You eatin' your blueberry muffin, drivin' your Wisconsin-born Honda."

___________________________

Also, earlier this morning in the McDonald's drive through Mark called the person driving the car in front of us a "fruit knuckle."

Me: "What? What did you just say?"

"I called him a fruit knuckle."

"WHY?" I'm laughing. "Is that an insult?"

"Yeah."

No comments:

Post a Comment