The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mark Wears Glasses

Mark had lasik a few years ago. It worked pretty well, but last year he decided he needed glasses - especially for work. For awhile he would leave his glasses at work, since that is where he used them the most. Recently, however, he's been wearing them home. Sometimes he wears them into the car and then takes them off while he is driving. Then he forgets them in the car. This usually isn't that big of a deal because he usually remembers them at some point before he gets back to work the next day.

Today, on the way home from Costco, he discovered his glasses sitting in the middle console. He put them on.

A few minutes later we were home.

As we pulled into the garage, he almost hit the side of the garage with the passenger side mirror.

"Whoa!" says Mark.

Then, "I meant to get that close."

"Yeah," I say, "I could tell by your nonverbals."

Then Mark drove too far into the garage and ran into the stroller.

He turns to look at me.

"My glasses make me see better."

No comments:

Post a Comment