The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hiatus

So, it's been awhile since I last blogged... I have a somewhat good excuse and that is that the internet at my house is temperamental. There is nothing more frustrating that being in the middle of a wonderful and creative thought (like all my blogs contain) only to have the internet quit working. Also, I was on spring break last week and didn't particularly want to spend much time on the computer. Instead, I spent my time reading books, playing Wii, and watching TV. Much to chagrin, I rather enjoyed watching Martha Stewart. It was also nice to watch Rachel Ray again. I very much enjoy her show, although I haven't been watching it as much since I decided to become a vegetarian almost a year ago. She has lots of great recipes, but they are only rarely vegetarian. I should email her... Maybe she'd do one show a week that featured vegetarian recipes... or would come out with a vegetarian cookbook. As it is, I usually just modify the recipes in the Rachel Ray cookbook I have. In fact, I am making "Green and While Lightening Chicken Chili" tonight for supper. Of course, I am removing the chicken and adding another can of beans. Who says you can't get protein without eating meat?!?

We went to Fargo for Easter last weekend and I got to play Smash Bros Brawl for the first time. It is an excellently fun game. I'm partial to playing as Pikachu and Wario. Few people were more surprised than me when I wound up winning half of the brawls. I was even ahead of my brother in number of KOs for quite awhile, which is a huge accomplishment.

In other exciting news, Mark and I are preparing for my upcoming birthday celebration! My birthday is on Saturday and we are going to have a party at our new house. I'm really hoping Mark can be done with the tiling in the downstairs bath by then. He got a row put in last night, but now he has to cut the tiles to the right size, which means things will take a little longer. I need to get the guest bedroom painted. It is a sort of weird, sickly yellow right now and I can't like it. However, it will be lovely when I am done with it.

We only have five weeks of class left, and it is amazing to me that my first academic year here is almost over. When I think back to where we were last year at this time and all the changes we've made, it's hard to believe. Things feel even more official now that we both have Mpls phone numbers and new driver's licenses. There's no going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment