The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I said, Woo Hoo.

I have caught up on grading blogs for BOTH my classes!! Hurray to me. Now, all I have left to grade are papers that my interpersonal class turned in almost two weeks ago. Pretty shameful on my part, but I have been seriously buried under grading for the past two weeks. My plan is to take the papers with me tomorrow when Mark has his surgery. He has to be there two hours early for some reason, so I think I'll have plenty of time to sit and grade.

Tomorrow is Thursday and I can't believe it. Only two classes away from spring break. Fortunately, tomorrow in Interpersonal I am continuing to discuss one of my MOST favorite comm topics (next to enviro comm and rhetoric): nonverbal comm.

So, last week I got one of those "getting to know your friends surveys" through the email. I kinda like these. They give you an opportunity to learn things about your friends that you didn't necessarily know, and also, sometimes the answers are really funny. For example, my brother answered the question: What do you always carry with you? with "My wallet and a sai." This is funny on several levels. A) He leaves his wallet places all the time. Once he left it at a game store in the mall in Minot, ND. But he does take it more places that he does his cell phone. And let's not EVEN get me started on that topic. I will be enraged. B) The thought of Jared carrying a sai cracks me up. Only he would come up with something like that. For those of you that DON'T know my brother... He does NOT carry weapons. He wouldn't even know what to do with a sai. In fact, I was astonished that he knew how to spell it. He also answered the question: Have you ever dyed your hair? with "No, I'm not a loser." THIS was funny because he wife quickly pointed out via email that he DID in fact dye his hair one year for Halloween (he was Wolverine) and so, by his definition, was, in fact, a loser. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment