The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Addendum: Punched in the face

Oh, by the way... I have been emailing my friend who had to have an emergency root canal yesterday before leaving for Panama for several days. I have never had a root canal, so I can make no descriptive guesses as to what it might be like. My friend wrote that it was like being punched in the face, but acknowledged that analogy might be inaccurate as well because she has never been punched in the face. Is it like being punched in the face? I confess, I am curious... Although not curious enough to go courting a root canal of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment