The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm Not Made Of Eyes

I am watching one of my very favorite movies: Hot Fuzz. It is a great movie and I could watch it over and over (and have!). Anyway, now that my cable is gone, Mark and I are watching more of our movies. I like to have the TV on for background noise. So, while the lack of cable is a little sad, it also gives me a chance to re-watch some of my favorite movies.

Mark and I have spent the day in erratic bursts of packing. My intention when putting in Hot Fuzz was to listen to its hilariousness while packing up the impressive amount of glassware in my china cabinet. I have wine glasses, goblets, glass beer steins, pilsner glasses, little blue juice glasses, and glass coffee mugs - not to mention my collection of crystal serving pieces and my other set of dishes. Man, just thinking about it makes me tired.

Anyway, I did intend to start packing those things up, but realized I have no idea where to find packing material. I have some newspaper and stuff, but no where near the quantity that I'm going to need to get it all in boxes. I really don't want to break any of it...

So, instead of packing while watching Hot Fuzz, I'm blogging while watching Hot Fuzz. I also have played Scrabulous while watching Hot Fuzz. And checked the weather online while watching Hot Fuzz. And let's not forget that I checked my email while watching Hot Fuzz.

I did pack up a bunch of my clothes earlier today. That made the move seem a little more real. It feels like I've been waiting for moving day for so long that I can't believe it is finally almost here! I even had a dream last night that I was unpacking stuff in the new house!

Ok. I think I can get up and do a little work. I'll start packing glasses using today's Star Tribune. Then I'm going to have to make Mark put together a few more boxes. Only six more days to go!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment