The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cinnamon Tea for Me, Hee Hee!

I got unusually excited about tea this morning. If you don't believe me, you can ask Ali. I'm sure I probably alarmed her has I kept bringing out different teas for her to smell. And then I described lemon grass as a grass that tasted like lemon. Yes, I am a great communicator.

Last night Mark and I went to Menards (I know, it's not HD, but we've like to spread our business around). We were looking for a longer hose so that we could hook up the washing machine. We were also looking for electric tape to patch a hole in the air bed that we share with Dave and Barb (which we never found). We also walked through bathroom stuff because Mark really dislikes the downstairs bathroom. The vanity is a very weird texture that is gold/yellow and white. It's bizarre and I've never seen anything like it. Also, the base of the shower is really disgusting and (apparently) cracked. So we were trying to find out how much a new shower base might cost. Did you realize that it is very difficult to find just plain old shower bases? Well it is. We did, however, look at several very nice options for a new vanity -- even though we won't be ready to buy anything for quite a while. It's funny how somethings really bother some people, but not others. I don't really mind the downstairs bathroom. The harvest gold toilet is kinda retro.

Anyway, we also found a nice rug for the living room at Menards and we bought some aluminum dryer venting stuff. After that, we went home and watched our first Netflix movie, "Evan Almighty." It was pretty entertaining. I'm a big Steve Carell (sp?) fan. I really enjoyed the part where he kept hitting himself on the thumb with the wooden mallet while building the ark. Tonight we have the option of watching "Wild Hogs" or "The Kingdom." Netflix is cool.

I also FINALLY got to talk to my BFF Ang last night. She has been super busy directing a musical and I have been super busy moving. So, it was really nice to chat with her, even if only for 10 minutes. I'm excited for her to come stay at our house. Most of the time, it sucks that she lives in Iowa City. She and Dan and Isabelle need to move up here so we can get together more and so I can be sad less.

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to paint my office/library. I have decided on the color apple crisp. I need to paint it soon so that I can put up my bookshelves and unpack my books. Every time I walk through the garage I feel sad because my poor books are packed in cardboard and are forced to sit in the cold and dark garage. So, I want to paint tomorrow and then rectify that situation.

1 comment:

  1. It's more silly now, that I think about how silly it was, that you went back to your office and came out with a different tea three times.

    ReplyDelete