The story behind the name:

One evening, at the Old Broadway Grill in Fargo, North Dakota, my brother caught the end of a Mountain Dew commercial. In the commercial, a Mountain Dew drinker was riding a shark in the ocean. My brother exclaimed in surprise, not realizing that it was a commercial. When I told him he declared "All I saw was a guy coming out of the shower with a shark." Of course, he meant water, but the idea of showering with sharks has been with me ever since.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Shampoo, razors, and frozen veggies

Yep. I have made my Target shopping list the title of this blog. I'm not very creative today.

It's Friday and I'm so glad. Starting... right now, I don't have any appointments or meetings or anything work or school related until Monday morning. It's a very nice feeling after last weekend's craziness. Tomorrow, Mark and I (if Mark is feeling well enough) are meeting Dave and Barb at Panera's for a little brunch. I love Panera's. I've only been to the one in Iowa City, but the times I have been there have been great. The first time I went there for breakfast I had a chocolate croissant and a mocha. Some people may thing that sounds like too much chocolate -- a chocolate overload even -- but it was exactly the right amount for me!

This past week I've been talking with several different people about the differences between extroverts and introverts (I'm not sure how it comes up, but it does). I am an introvert. I have always thought that the main difference is that introverts need quiet, alone time to recharge while extroverts recharge and get energy from other people. A lot of people are surprised to find out I'm an introvert (at least, they are here) because I can be very outgoing. But I definitely need my alone time to recharge and I have the perfect introverts evening planned. It involves fried rice, veggie potstickers from Big Bowl, and (hopefully) Dexter Season 1 on DVD. Add in some cuddly pets and a sick husband and you have a recipe for rejuvenation!!!

I had a lot of fun in my 9:10 class this morning. My students are so funny. I know that some instructors might not like it, but I enjoy the occasional smart-ass student if it is all in good fun. I think there is a line between the smart-ass with respect for you and the smart-ass with respect for no one else. So, it got a little loud and occasionally obnoxious, but we had a great discussion. Classes like these (that are so much fun) are really the number one reason why I have the best job in the world. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment